Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ETEC 597 - Week 2 Reflection















I use RSS feed all the time using my Google home page. This way I can see what is new on each blog I follow without actually going to the site itself and checking “manually”.

Believe it or not, I never set up my Google Reader. So, this was a great opportunity to do so. I subscribed to all classmates’ blogs and added my favorite blogs to it:

Larry Ferlazzo’s Website of the Day has a huge selection of websites for educators and students. Everything is very well organized by subject, theme, or level. You will love this one!

Ozge Karaoglu’s Blog provides tons of resources for primary teachers and ESL learners.

Free Technology for Teachers always finds the greatest FREE resources for educators.

For the podcast subscription I selected Learn 4 Life because this guy is just amazing.

You can also find tons of great podcasts at the Education Podcast Network.

Very often podcast is confused with just an audio file. A podcast is not a “one time thing”. It should continue. Some of our schools are maintaining Weekly Principal’s Podcast. This is the place where principal actually informs students and parent about current events at the campus.

Also, some of our elementary students have created podcasts where they do the book reports and the teacher uploads a new file every week.

I think it is amazing how we get used to technology. A few years ago we were so excited about the ability to search for different things. Today, we don’t have time to search. We need more information. We need it all. And we need it NOW! That is why I like RSS!

1 comment:

pgroter said...

Thank you for this information. I really like the “Learn 4 Life” website because of the amount of information as well as how it is organized by topic and date. What I really love about learning in an online environment and using digital media to learn is the ability to branch out. I was reading one article on there which referred to a topic on which I was unfamiliar, so I simply clicked the hyperlink and I learned what the reference was. To me, that helps being able to piece things together and to see the whole picture. For instance, it’s tough to read a paragraph if you don’t know what a main topic word is and context clues can only get you so far.