Sunday, April 13, 2008
I am not fearless...
Trying to provide the best education for my elementary students I need to implement technology into curriculum on a daily basis. The Web 2.0 applications are booming all over the world and as strong communications tools as they are I am obligated to introduce my students to some of them. This can be very challenging in a traditional public school district in Texas. My greatest fear is still that my students will get exposed to inappropriate materials while using Web 2.0. So far I have gained an extensive knowledge of Web 2.0 applications and know how to use it in a school environment to protect my students. However, we all know that there is no 100% guaranty on Internet safety. Avoiding using these valuable applications with my students just because something “might” happen would be a crime. As an educator, I can explain to the parents the resources we are about to use, with all its pros and cons, and ask for their permission. Our parents and students sign an AUP form at the beginning of the school year anyway, so this would be just an additional back up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment